Knowing which online casino game to play can be extremely difficult, especially with all of the misconceptions about casinos wherein people are wrongly led to believe that the games are rigged. Within the industry, there are various types of slot games, all with different jackpots and ways to play. Popular examples of these include Fluffy Favourites or Starburst. Therefore, if you know a little more about how online slots games work, then you are more likely to know what type of game is best for you!
Types of Slot Games
- 3-reel slots are the simplest slot games available and tend to be the most accessible option for individuals that are new to the gambling industry and specifically the word of slot games. The limited number of reels allow for the player to grasp a basic understanding of the rules of slot games whilst also giving them a chance to win money during. 3-reel slots can also come with extremely generous jackpots whilst remaining easy to understand. Don’t believe us? Check out our popular 3-reel slot games like Thunder Reels.
- Video slots are arguably the most popular slot games around currently, especially on sites like ours. These video slots are more attractive to players because of their bright visuals, graphics and sounds to match. These types of slots are also popular due to the vast variety of symbols that are used. This means that the player can never be bored as there are always new combinations and bonuses on offer. These slot games typically have more than one pay line, meaning that there are more opportunities for people to win. When playing online slots games, we would highly recommend that you try a video slot as they tend to have higher pay-outs as well as more bonus rounds and spins. Overall, they also have a better aesthetic for the player as well and are therefore generally a more enjoyable experience.
- Progressive jackpot slots are for those players that want to win big cash pay-outs. This isn’t a couple of thousand that we are talking about, but up to hundreds of thousands in cash that could potentially change a player’s life. However, the downside of them is that they require bigger bets initially so are not suited to everyone’s bankrolls. Each jackpot is also reset after a big win so if you don’t luck out, then you have to wait for the jackpot to grow again. Saying this though, progressive jackpots make up some of the more popular slots online.
- Another popular form of online casino game are the multi-level slot games where players have to win each level in order to progress forward for more results and rewards. These are popular because although they rely on luck and not skill, they are still quite engaging in the sense that the player is more excited as to whether they will get through to the next round. The only downside of playing these types of games is that if you don’t win one round, you do not progress to the next one. Therefore, if you, unfortunately, have a losing streak, then you may blow through your bankroll quicker.
- Bonus slot games are those that include a bonus round for the player where they have to get a certain combination of symbols on a pay line. The bonus games essentially serve as a game within the slot game, mimicking the theme of the original. They are now more interactive for the player and offer substantial winnings for the individual. Keep an eye out for our bonus slot games!
A History Of Online Slots
Online slots have had a very brief history due to the fact that it was only in 1994 that they were really introduced with the creation of Gaming Club, the first online casino. This casino was powered by the software provider, Microgaming who still continue to dominate the gambling industry to this day. In just over two decades, the online gambling industry has really taken off and nowadays, there are thousands of online slot games for you to pick from.
Random Number Generators
Although many are convinced that slot games are rigged so that the players lose every single time. This is not the case as online slots are based on Random Number Generators that produce completely random numbers and combinations for the player. Therefore, no one person is ever more likely than another to win on online slot games depending on their previous experience with the games. This is why they are so attractive to players, as people know that they are not more or less likely to win and that everyone is equally as likely to win or lose.
Some important aspects of online slot games that you should remember before playing are that they do not have a memory of your previous outcomes, and they will not be affected as a consequence. Online casinos also regularly test their slots to ensure that they are fully functional. These slots generate hundreds of combinations per second. The only thing that determines your fate when playing is when you press the button yourself and what numbers have been generated by the RNG. In a sense, your luck is determined by maths.
Myth buster: Online Slots Edition
Many people will tell you various things about playing slots games online but take it from us, these are mostly a myth. It’s hard to separate fact from fiction in the world of online slots games, so we’ve done it for you! Here are some of the most popular myths in this industry:
- You can sense when a slot is due to pay – the results of a slot game are completely random and there is absolutely no way of telling that the game is about to pay out. This is known as gambler’s fallacy where they lose a bet and convince themselves that they will make it all back if they bet once more.
- You cannot hit two jackpots one after the other – This is completely inaccurate and based on the idea that casinos somehow manage to rig their games to ensure that people do not win a lot of money. The reality is that you could potentially win multiple jackpots consecutively one after the other because they are completely random.
- If you play on the same slot enough, you will eventually win – This is also referred to as gambler’s fallacy wherein players believe that the next bet will win because they’ve pumped so much money into the game.
- The casino can modify the slots to make them pay-out less – This is a myth that’s come from some unfortunate few people that have had unlucky streaks. The casino and developers cannot tamper with the software of the slot to make them pay out less as they are completely random.