Online casino games have become highly popular of late, providing all kinds of entertainment, depending on whether you are interested in traditional fare such as poker and roulette, or the plethora of exciting online slot games out there. If you are keen to try out new slot games for yourself and you want an easy and straightforward method of paying for your gameplay, then why not try pay by phone casino sites?
Rather than requiring you to give out your bank details or link an e-wallet before you can start playing, these casino sites allow you to pay using your phone, making the whole process so much simpler. They also give you more choice, as some pay by phone casino sites let you charge any payments to your phone bill, while others allow you to verify a payment via SMS.
Here at Wizard Slots we give you the inside scoop on these pay by phone casino sites, how they work and their pros and cons. Read on to find out more about new ways to play slots uk online!
What are pay by phone casino sites?
To put it simply, pay by phone casino sites are online casinos which allow you to pay for your online slot games using your phone. This is an ideal option for players who are worried about the security of using a bank card or who prefer not to link an e-wallet such as Paypal. Pay with your phone casino sites are also increasingly popular because they are both quick and confidential, and allow you to start playing with very little hassle - merely a quick verification of your phone number.
How to use pay by phone casino sites
Using pay by phone casino sites is very straightforward. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Sign up at the pay by phone casino of your choice.
- Choose Pay by Phone as your payment method.
- Enter your phone number and the sum of money you wish to deposit.
- Wait for a verification text from the casino.
Once you have received confirmation from the casino site, the money will have been credited to your account and you can start playing!
Paying by phone bill vs pay-as-you-go
There are two main ways which you can use to pay by phone for online casino games. These are:
- Pay using your monthly phone bill.
- Pay-as-you-go, when the transactions are made right away and verified using SMS.
Each of these methods has its own advantages. If you opt to charge the payment to your monthly phone bill then you know the money will not be taken right away and you can start playing, whereas if you opt for the second choice the transaction is over and done with right away - all you need to do is factor it into your budget and make sure you don’t get to trigger-happy with your payments.
Pay by phone gateways
There are a few different mobile payment platforms out there which you may encounter on different casino sites. In the UK the most well-known are arguably Boku and Payforit.
- Boku: this payment platform is highly popular and is used in over 60 countries worldwide. Launched in 2009, pay by phone casino not boku is frequently used by online casino sites thanks to its ease and efficiency, thanks to the company’s 1-Tap policy - which means you can make your payment with the quick press of a button. When you make a payment using Boku, the amount is charged to your phone bill, meaning no banking information is required, making this a secure method of paying. Boku is available with any UK mobile number, thanks to its alliances with all major UK mobile networks.
- Payforit: like Boku, Payforit has become increasingly popular thanks to how quick, easy and safe it is to use. Aligned with many of the UK’s most prominent mobile providers, Payforit gives you the opportunity to make a deposit in a fast and efficient way so you can get down to the thrilling business of playing online slot games as soon as possible. In case you didn’t know, you can also use a landline number to make your Payforit deposits if you are part of the BT network.
Pros and cons of pay by phone casino sites
As with anything in life, pay by phone casino sites come with their advantages and disadvantages. Here at Wizard Slots we are laying them out for you to help you decide whether or not this form of payment is the right one for you.
- Security. Using a pay by phone method tends to be more secure than more traditional methods requiring you to link a bank card, as the only information required is your phone number and a mobile provider.
- Convenience. Because of the lack of information required, and because the money is automatically deducted from your phone bill, this form of payment is very convenient - and also means the money doesn’t leave your account straight away but is taken from your monthly phone bill. This helps you regulate your budget while enjoying gameplay straight away upon registering with a casino site.
- Pay-as-you-go. Another pay by phone option is pay-as-you-go, which allows you to make on-the-spot payments quickly and easily, even while you are out and about.
- Speed. This form of payment is incredibly quick and simple, often taking just seconds to complete the process.
- Withdrawals. This is the main con of using pay by phone casino sites. While you can make the payments very easily, withdrawal is another matter, and you will still end up having to add a second payment method, such as a bank card, when you are ready to withdraw your winnings.
- Losing your phone is always a risk. While it is hopefully not that likely to happen, accidents do take place, and it is possible that you could lose your phone or have it stolen from you and thereby lose your security.
As you can see, the pros of pay by phone casino sites seem to outweigh the cons. While having to add a second payment method for withdrawals may seem like a nuisance, it still doesn’t take away from the speed, safety and efficiency of using the pay by phone method.
Here at Wizard Slots we hope we have been able to answer all your queries about pay by phone casino sites. We offer a pay by phone option ourselves, so you can take advantage of the safety and speed of this payment method right here. If you are new to us, be sure not to miss out on our amazing Welcome offer which could see you win up to 500 free spins on Starburst (Full Ts & Cs Apply)!
In this handy little section we answer some of your most common FAQs regarding phone payments for online casino games.
Do you have to pay a fee when you opt to pay by phone for slot games?
The answer, generally, is no - though it does depend on the online casino you are using, so you should make sure you do your homework and read up on the casino’s policy before you attempt to make your first deposit. If a fee is charged, it shouldn’t be more than 10%.
Can I set a budget limit when I use a pay by phone casino site?
Absolutely. A number of casino sites actually allow you to set a deposit limit over a certain period, preventing you from going overboard with your phone payments. In fact, to cut down altogether, you can even choose a self-exclusion option, which prevents you from using the casino site for a length of time set by you.
Will I still be able to benefit from bonuses?
The answer to this question is a resounding yes, you will still be entitled to claim bonuses from online casino sites, particularly welcome bonuses, which are readily available to players using the pay by phone option.
Is there a minimum and a maximum amount I can deposit?
The answer to this question really depends on the particular pay by phone casino site you are using. If you are taking part in a welcome bonus often the minimum deposit required is around £10. However if you are just making a standard payment on a slot game you can theoretically deposit as little as £1. Meanwhile the maximum amount for mobile payments tends to be quite small, perhaps as little as £10, making it an ideal option for players with limited budgets, but not so great for high rollers.
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY