Merry Megaways is a dynamic grid slot from Iron Dog Studio maxing out at a 7-8-8-8-8-8-7 reel layout with up to 200,704 potential ways to win.
Merry Megaways Game Overview
Merry Megaways is an impressive slot release among the Christmas slot games online. The slot lives up to its name through its festive theme and colourful display. For example, firecrackers can land on the topmost reel, causing symbols to explode at the end of a tumble sequence.
There's also a bonus round where you may trigger a progressive win multiplier and series of wilds transformation. Furthermore, this slot has a massive 20,000x your stake maximum potential win.
Visually, the slot could be more original, but it's still commendable as it captures the lights and decorations associated with Christmas. For example, Santa stands at the left of the playing grid and may supply a firecracker if you land the corresponding symbol.
Besides, the snow-covered trees and looming mountains surrounding the grid add a more festive atmosphere. Overall, the game features high-quality graphics, and the explosions after every tumble add some life to the reels.
You can place your stakes on this game for as low as £0.10 to £12 on the Wizard Slots online casino. So, log in or create an account to play the Merry Megaways slot online! Meanwhile, read through our review for more information on the game.
How To Play Merry Megaways
The Megaways mechanic and the numerous bonus features in this slot can seem like a lot to handle. However, the game can be relatively easy to navigate and play if you know your way around it. Below we have outlined the steps you can follow to play this game.
- Load the game on Wizard Slots online casino
- A prompt pops up asking if you want sound or not. Click yes or no to make your choice. However, you can still change your choice using the speaker button when the game loads completely.
- The first thing to do when the game loads to display the reels and the control buttons is to set your bet. To do that, tap the coin stack in the bottom right of the screen. It contains a range of available stakes from which you can select your preferred amount.
- You can press the trophy icon in the bottom left to see the game paytable. Or, better still, go through the dotted menu, where you can find further settings and the game's rules. You can also find the game info and settings in the menu.
- Once satisfied with the settings, exit the menu by tapping the x at the bottom left corner of the screen. Then, you can click the spin button to set the reels in motion!
Winning combinations occur if you land at least three matching symbols (excluding Santa, which can payout for two uniform symbols) on consecutive reels from left to right. There are also special characters like the wilds and scatters, which may offer extra benefits.
The regular symbols in this slot go from playing card values to frames of festive items like milk and cookies, Christmas pudding, and candy canes. There are also frames bearing high-paying symbols, including an Elf, a Reindeer, and Santa.
The J and 10 card tiles can fetch you up to 0.4x your bet, while Q and K are worth up to 0.5x your wager, both for a six-of-a-kind combination. However, if you land 6 A tiles on adjacent reels, you can win up to 0.6x your bet.
Landing 6 matching milk and cookies or Christmas pudding symbols across consecutive reels can award you a payout of 1.2x your bet. In contrast, the same quantity of candy canes in a match can fetch you up to 2.5x your wager.
Moving on to the high-value characters, Elves could earn you up to 3x your stake, and you could win up to 4x your bet through the Reindeer symbols. But of course, that is if you land the maximum of six in a match on adjacent reels starting from the leftmost reel.
The Santa frame is the highest-paying character in this slot. It can award you up to 5x your stake for a six-of-a-kind combination. And what's more, it is the only symbol that can award a payout for just 2 across consecutive reels.
In addition to the regular paying symbols mentioned above, you may find the following special symbols.
- Wild Gift Boxes: can substitute for any non-special symbol, potentially helping to form a winning combination.
- Christmas Crackers: they also perform the same function as the wild symbols. However, they can only appear on the top reel, and if they do, they become sticky, remaining on the reels even after a win. In addition, they can explode themselves and up to 8 other random symbols (one from each vertical reel and 2 different positions) after a non-win spin or the end of a tumble sequence.
- Scatter Symbols: can only appear on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 and are responsible for triggering the Free Spins feature.
- Santa's Sack: can substitute for other symbols like the regular wilds. But they can only land on the horizontal reel during Free Spins. Besides, they can award you a number of wilds and Free Spins depending on how many of them land.
This slot uses a tumbling mechanism that eradicates all symbols involved in a win, allowing new symbols to fall into their place and potentially create new winning combinations.
Tumbles are indefinite and continue for as long as you keep landing winning combinations. As a result, you may get a continuous gameplay loop where you can accumulate more potential payouts within a single spin. However, the feature ends if you cannot land new winning combinations after a tumble.
Free Spins Bonus Round
Landing at least 4 scatter symbols in view can trigger the bonus feature, awarding you a random number of Free Spins. You could receive between 6 and 11 spins via a bauble pick. In addition, you get a progressive win multiplier that starts at x1 and can increase by +1 after every tumble.
Remember that you could land one or more Santa sacks during the bonus round. Landing a single Santa Sack awards 2 to 4 wilds across reels 2, 3 and 4, plus 2 extra Free Spins. At the same time, landing 2 Santa Sacks can award you 4 to 8 wilds across reels 2, 3, 4 and 5, along as well as 4 additional Free Spins.
To cap it all, hitting a win on your final Free Spin awards you another spin. Winning on this additional Free Spins awards yet another spin; this can continue for as long as you keep landing consecutive wins!
Merry Megaways RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 95.9%.
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.