Starburst XXXtreme is an entertaining sequel slot from NetEnt, offering five reels, nine fixed paylines, and a massive potential payout of up to 200,000x your stake!
Starburst XXXtreme Slot Game Overview
It is no surprise that NetEnt chose to release a sequel to the Starburst slot considering the huge fan base it got. This new one, however, comes with some modifications to its features. For example, the volatility is now high instead of low. Also, random multipliers up to 150x have been added to the features list in this game.
The good thing is that those multipliers have the potential to lead to a massive payout of up to 200,000x your stake! However, the dual-pay system has been removed. So you can no longer land potential winning combinations from both ways. Instead, the symbols must align from left to right. Also, the number of paylines has been cut from 10 to 9.
Stakes cost as low as 10p per spin, and can go up to a maximum of £50. Want to learn more about this brilliant slot with beautiful constellations? Keep reading our comprehensive review below.
How To Play Starburst XXXtreme Game Slot
Aside from the additional features, the gameplay of this slot is nearly the same as the original Starburst version. As such, you might find it easier to adapt to and play if you're familiar with that one.
However, if that's not the case, you can follow the steps below to start playing the game.
- Search for and load the Starburst XXXtreme slot at a slot site like Wizard Slots.
- Tap the stack of casino chips to open the betting options and set your preferred wager.
- You can visit the game menu represented by the three-bar icon at the left end of the screen for all other settings like the sound. You can also use the speaker button at the right end to mute or unmute the game sound.
- Press the circled "i" icon to open the game info like the paytable, features, and rules.
- Once done with everything, you can tap the spin button to set the reels in motion for a new game round!
- You'll need at least three matching symbols on adjacent reels across active paylines to score a win. However, the symbols must align from left to right to award you the corresponding payout.
Once you open this slot, you might get a sense of nostalgia because it offers the same visuals and symbols as the original version.
The symbols remain eight in total, including the wild characters. Also, you'll notice that the colourful jewels carved in different sizes are still the low-value symbols, while the 7 and BAR logos are the high-paying symbols.
Each symbol can award a payout if three, four, or five matching ones land across a payline in a single spin. Look below to see how much you can get from each if you land the highest possible combination of five in a match.
- The purple and blue jewels can award you up to 3x your stake
- The orange jewel is worth up to 4x your bet
- The green jewel can fetch you up to 5x your wager
- The yellow jewel can payout at most 6x your stake
- The 7 offers as high as 20x your bet
- The BAR logo can grant you the highest payout of up to 50x your wager!
All for a five-of-a-kind combination, respectively.
Starburst Wild Symbols
Although this slot offers no scatter symbols nor free spins bonus rounds, it has a unique wild that's central to its gameplay.
A colourful star resembling a wheel stands as the wild symbol, and can only appear on the three middle reels (reels 2, 3, and 4). Like typical wilds, this symbol can substitute for every other symbol. As such, it may assist you in completing and scoring more potential wins.
Besides that, it can expand to occupy the entire reel anytime it lands. If that happens, you'll get a respin and a random multiplier ranging from x2 up to x150. The wilds will remain locked on the reels for the respin. Meanwhile, if you happen to land another wild or wilds during the respin, it'll also lock, earning you a new respin.
You can get a random multiplier of either x2, x3, x5, x10, x25, x50, x100, or up to x150 from each wild that lands. And what's more, if you land more than one wild in a spin, you can get the sum of their respective multipliers! Kindly note that the value of every potential multiplier you get can only apply to subsequent line wins (if there are any) in that spin or the following respin.
Random Wilds Feature
This feature can randomly activate after any spin or respin. If triggered, a random number of Starburst wilds between 1 and 3 will randomly appear on the reels. If that happens, you'll receive a random multiplier as usual while the wilds expand and lock for a respin.
However, remember that in this slot, wilds can only appear on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th reels.
Starburst XXXtreme RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 96.26%
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.