Sword of Ares
Sword of Ares from Pragmatic Play is a Greek Mythological slot with a pay-anywhere system that plays out on a 6x5 playing grid.
Sword of Ares Game Overview
The Sword of Ares slot looks like and takes a lot of traits from its predecessor - the Gates of Olympus Slot, also designed by Pragmatic Play. However, there are slight modifications in this latest release. For example, this slot revolves around Ares, while the former is based on Zeus. Another difference is the unlocking and pattern of the multiplier system.
If you enjoyed playing the Gates of Olympus slot, you might like this slot. Like the former release, there's a top multiplier of up to 500x available in the bonus game. Besides, you can possibly cop a 15x multiplier in a single spin during the base game. As a result, there's a maximum potential win of up to 10,000x your bet in this slot.
The Sword of Ares slot is available to play here at Wizard Slots online slots casino from as little as £0.20 per spin up to £4 per spin.
How To Play Sword of Ares
This slot is relatively easy to navigate, especially if you're familiar with slots from Pragmatic Play. The interface is clear and intuitive, with the control buttons lying below the grid. You need to know the function of each button to navigate the game properly.
The following are the control buttons in this game and how to use them in playing this slot.
- Select your preferred bet amount via the + and - buttons.
- The three-line icon at the bottom left of the grid represents the menu. And you can use it to adjust all necessary settings, including the sound.
- The (i) icon is the info button. You can press it to view the game's features, paytable, and rules.
- Lastly, you can press the large cyclic arrows button to spin the reels when ready to start playing.
As this is a pay-anywhere slot, you can land winning combinations from anywhere on the reels. After a spin, the worth of your wins depends on the total number of matching symbols in view; you must land at least 8 identical symbols in a spin to form a win.
Sword of Ares Symbols
As expected, the symbols in this slot portray Greek mythology. There's the titular sword, as well as helmets, shields, and chariots. These make up the high-paying symbols. And their max values - won by landing between 12 and 30-of-a-kind anywhere in view - are as follows:
- The swords are worth up to 5x your bet;
- Shields can payout up to 7.5x your stake;
- Chariots carry a value of up to 10x your wager, while
- Helmets can earn you up to 20x your bet.
In addition to the above symbols, there are differently shaped and coloured gemstones that make up this slot's low-paying symbols.
The purple stone is worth up to 1x your bet, and the blue stone can pay out up to 1.5x your wager for 12 - 30 matching symbols.
You can win up to 2x your bet for 12 to 30 green gemstones. But for the red gems, you could receive up to 2.5x your wager. Meanwhile, the jewels in a lighter shade of blue have the highest worth of these, paying out up to 3x your stake.
Unfortunately, there are no wild symbols in this slot.
Ares himself represents the scatter symbol in this slot, and it can appear on any reel. In addition to triggering the Free Spins bonus round, it can award you with payouts of 3x, 15x and 100x your stake if you land 4, 5 or 6 in a spin.
Bomb symbols can appear in 4 forms during the base game or Free Spins bonus round. And if they occur, they remain on the reels until the last tumble in that spin. That is when there are no more wins landing. After which, they explode, removing characters in a cross, vertical, horizontal, or x pattern. This action could trigger a new tumble sequence.
This slot has a Tumble feature that causes all winning symbols to disappear and be replaced by new ones from above. The sequence happens again if you land another set of winning symbols. And so it continues until you land no new ones.
Multiplier Collection Feature
This slot comes with a meter harbouring 3 multiplier values in the base game and 6 in the bonus game. However, these values appear locked and can only unlock after you accumulate a set number of winning symbols. These symbols compile after each tumble and unlock the multiplier value. After which, the highest one applies to the sum of the winning values. The following is the analysis of the multipliers you can get during the base game:
- First Multiplier - unlocks if you collect 20 winning symbols and can be x2, x3, or x4.
- Second Multiplier - unlocks if you collect up to 50 winning symbols and can be x5, x6, x7, or x8.
- Third Multiplier - unlocks if you collect at least 100 winning symbols and can be x9, x10, x11, x12, x13, x14, or x15.
Free Spins Bonus Round
This feature requires at least 4 scatters in a spin or same tumble sequence to activate, awarding you 15 Free Spins. The good thing is that the entire Multiplier Collection feature upgrades during this round resulting in larger possible multipliers. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect:
- The First Multiplier - unlocks if you collect at least 15 winning symbols earning you a payout of x2, x3, or x4.
- The Second Multiplier - unlocks if you collect 30 winning symbols granting you an x5, x6, x7, or x8 value.
- The Third Multiplier: This can have an x9, x10, x11, x12, x13, x14 or x15 Multiplier and unlocks if you accumulate 45 winning symbols.
- The Fourth Multiplier - has a value of x16, x18, x20, x22, x25, x30, or x32 and unlocks if you amass up to 60 winning symbols.
- The Fifth Multiplier - unlocks if you gather at least 100 winning symbols and can have an x35, x38, x40, x45, x50, x60, or x100.
- The Sixth Multiplier - has a value of x150, x200, x300, or x500, and you get it if you amass up to 225 winning symbols.
Note that the meter resets after every spin. So these are not progressive multipliers - you have to collect the required number of winning symbols within a single tumble sequence!
Sword of Ares RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 96.40%.
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
Sword of Ares is a brilliant slot with great potential, like the Gates of Olympus. It has many exciting features, and you could win up to an incredible 10,000x your stake in this slot game.
This slot may have high volatility, but it has an above-average Return to Player Percentage, which we always like to see in an online slot game.
The entire slot gets an 8/10 from us due to its clear graphics, beautiful animations, and exciting gameplay!
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.