The Goonies, by Blueprint Gaming, is a creative slot played across a 5-reel, 3-row grid layout with 20 fixed paylines and a fantastic potential top win of up to 50,000x your bet.
The Goonies Slot Game Overview
The Goonies slot's theme is based on a popular cult movie in the 80s of the same name. If you've seen this classic movie, you may recognize some of the main characters in their escapades.
There are numerous in-game features that you could potentially trigger as you spin the reels. First, there's the Wild symbol which can substitute other symbols for the chance to help in creating wins, and also, additional Wilds such as Medallion Wild, Truffle Shuffle Wild, Mikey Wild, Colossal Wild, Super Sloth Wild, Goonie Wild, and Inferno Wilds.
Overall, this online slot has a total of 12 fantastic features. Six can be enjoyed during the main game, while the other six can only be triggered by the Scatter symbol to play during the bonus round. For example, the "One-Eyed Willy's Riches" feature can randomly award you one of six unique modifiers in any main game's spin. Then, if you land up to three scatters, it can trigger a wheel of fortune bonus named the "One-Eyed Willy's Bonus", where you can spin the pirate ship's wheel to win one of six bonus rounds.
The Goonies slot has medium volatility. Moreover, you can log in and register at Wizard Slots to play it for bets as low as £0.20 per spin up to a maximum of £5.00 per spin. So if you're ready, hit the button below to see the Goonies' characters and their escapades in this fascinating slot game. But if you wish to learn more about the slot, you can keep reading.
How To Play The Goonies
Once you launch the Goonies slot, you'll be welcomed with an overwhelming soundtrack extracted from the movie, and you may see the sudden appearance of a few characters (like Chunk). Blueprint Gaming has also used images and graphics from the movie.
Furthermore, these graphics are not only striking, but they don't disrupt the easy-to-navigate interface of the slot.
For example, there are buttons you can press to view the game's Paytable and vital information. Then, some buttons can let you change the game's specific settings from default to preferred settings.
However, to play, you first need to set your bet. You can achieve this by clicking the "TOTAL BET" button, leading you to the available stakes. Then, you can select your choice. After that, you can start the game by hitting the "SPIN" button.
You'll need to land a combination of at least three matching symbols lined from the left end across any of the 20 paylines to form a win. If that happens, you'll receive a payout depending on the type and quantity of symbols forming the match.
Lastly, thanks to HTML5 software, you can play the Goonies slot on mobiles, tablets, and desktops. But note that this slot cannot be played in portrait mode on mobiles; hence you'll need to turn your device landscape to play.
The Goonies have nine paying symbols. The low-paying ones are the card ranks A, J, K, and Q, while the high-paying symbols are Gold Scale, Skull, Shipwreck, Treasure Chest, and Super Stacked Pirate Flags.
The Pirate Flag is the only standard symbol that can award a payout for a 2-symbol combination. Below are the symbols' payouts for landing 3, 4 or 5 on a payline:
- J and Q can award 0.2x, 0.5x, and 2.5x your stake
- A and K can award 0.4x, 2x, and 5x your stake
- Gold Scale and Skull can award 0.5x, 3x, and 10x your stake
- Shipwreck and Treasure Chest can award 1x, 4x, and 15x your stake
- Super Stacked Pirate Flags can fetch you 0.1x (2-of-a-kind combination), 2x, 5x, and 25x your stake
The Wild Symbols
An Old Coin with Wild on it represents the Wild symbol of this slot. This Wild can substitute for all symbols apart from the Scatters to help complete a winning line.
In addition, hitting two, three, four, or five combinations of the Wild symbol can earn you a winning bonus! Below is the worth of each combination:
- 2 Wilds can award 0.1x your stake
- 3 Wilds can award 2x your stake
- 4 Wilds can award 5x your bet
- 5 Wilds can award 25x your wager
Other Wild symbols are Medallion Wild, Truffle Shuffle Wild, Mikey Wild, Colossal Wild, Super Sloth Wild, Goonie Wild, and Inferno Wilds, which can make the wins more delicious.
The Scatter Symbol
The frame with One-Eyed Willy's graphic and the word "Bonus" stands for the slot's Scatter. Landing three or more Scatters can trigger the One-Eyed Willy's Bonus.
One-Eyed Willy's Bonus
Landing 3 or more scatters in view awards a spin on the giant Pirate Wheel, which can award you one of the six intriguing bonuses listed below:
- Fratelli Hideout Bonus: Pick keys to reveal different outcomes: Cash Add (awards a cash prize), Collect (ends the feature) or Hidden Tunnel (where you could trigger one of the other 5 bonuses)
- Skeleton Organ Bonus: Pick organ keys to reveal an icon. Each character awards a different prize. If you reveal an Upgrade icon, then all prizes are increased. If you reveal a skull and cross bones, you lose a life. You have 3 lives, and once they're gone, the feature ends.
- Super Sloth Free Spins: This feature takes place on a new set of reels that contain Fratelli family symbols. If a Super Sloth Wild lands in view, any Fratelli symbols transform into the highest-paying symbol. At the end of the round, you get to choose a chest that could re-trigger the feature, end the feature or award another spin on the Pirate Wheel.
- Goonies Go Wild Free Spins: On each spin after the first, one of the top reel symbols becomes Wild. Pick one of the Doubloons at the end of the round to either receive 5 extra spins with all Goonies symbols Wild, end the round and return to the base game, or trigger the One-Eyed Willy's Treasure Bonus.
- Inferno Free Spins: At the start of each spin, the Inferno moves to the left, turning up to 3 consecutive reels Wild.
- One-Eyed Willy's Treasure Bonus: Cash values spin, and when it comes to a stop, the total bet multiplier you win is revealed. This continues until you reveal the booby trap, at which point you receive your total winnings and the round ends.
One-Eyed Willy's Riches
This can trigger randomly during any spin, and if it does, it can trigger one of the six modifiers listed below.
- Truffle Shuffle Wild: Add extra Wilds in random positions on the reels.
- Mikey's Hidden Riches: Turns any of the reels into Wild reels.
- Data's Colossal Symbols: Turns three adjacent reels into a giant Colossal symbol.
- Mouth's Lucky Coins: Adds Gold Coin Mystery symbols to the reels, which then all reveal the same random symbol.
- One-Eyed Willy's Bonus Boost: Adds additional Scatter symbols to the reels.
- Sloth's Win Spin: Guarantees a winning spin.
The Goonies RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 96.00%.
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.