The Greatest Train Robbery
The Greatest Train Robbery slot, by Red Tiger Gaming, is a Wild West-themed video slot with a 5x4 train rail grid and up to 40 paylines.
The Greatest Train Robbery Game Overview
This medium volatility slot offers a decent potential payout of up to 2,259x your bet. In addition, the heist theme can make the game very entertaining. For example, you might enjoy the view of the dynamite thrown on the reels as the robbers appear to loot the train.
At the same time, you may benefit from the game's features, usually triggered by the dynamite. The said features include; cloning wilds, respins and mystery symbols. There's also a free spins bonus round where the bandits can appear, potentially earning you goodies too!
How To Play The Greatest Train Robbery
You can play slots like Greatest Train Robbery with a variety of stakes. If you log in or join Wizard Slots online casino, you'll be able to place your stakes for as low as £0.10 up to £4 per spin.
Then, after selecting your preferred stake via the stake button, press the spin button to start playing. Or click the three-bar menu at the top right of the screen to see the potential symbol pays, rules, and other necessary information.
Meanwhile, the speaker button in the same line as the menu holds the sound settings. And you can decide to mute or unmute the game if you like.
The appearance of at least three matching symbols aligned from left to right across a payline awards you a win during the gameplay. You can also get a payout for just two across a payline if the symbol in question is the Gold Bar.
Regular Paying Symbols
This slot includes classic card suits portraying the Wild West theme and looted items like gold bars, silver coins, big green diamonds, and diamond bags. As expected, the card suits are the low-paying symbols, and they can earn you a value between 24x and 72x your stake if you manage to land five-of-a-kind. For example;
- 10 can earn you up to 24x your bet for a five-of-a-kind combination;
- J is worth up to 36x your stake for five across a payline;
- Q awards up to 48x your wager for five in a match;
- K can payout up to 60x your stake if you land the highest match of five in a payline; while
- A peaks at 72x your wager for five identical ones.
The looted items offer higher payouts than the card faces, as you can see below.
- The bags of diamonds are worth up to 160x your wager for five-a-kind
- The large green diamond chumps can fetch you up to 280x your stake
- The silver coins offer up to 400x your bet
- The gold bars can earn you up to 600x your wager.
All for a five-of-a-kind combination.
Moreover, the gold bars are the only symbols that offer a payout - 8x your stake for just two across a payline.
You may hit wild symbols on the reels in addition to the regular paying symbols. And they can help you complete a potentially winning combination by replacing a standard character. Even better, they award a lucrative payout of up to 600x your wager if you land five on a payline.
Bonus symbols appear as a safe on the reels and can trigger free spins once you hit the right amount in a spin.
Sometimes, one or more bandits may appear, throwing dynamite on the reels, triggering one of the following bonus features;
- Respins: If this activates, you get a respin on at least one reel creating new chances for potentially winning combinations.
- Cloning Wilds: The explosion of the dynamite results in a fire, which spreads in different directions on the reels. And any symbol position affected will turn into a wild.
- Mystery Symbols: Typically, anywhere there is a fire, smoke follows, which is evident in this feature. The smoke spreads to cover a large part of the reel grid, making all affected symbols uniform. Hence, you might land a winning combination from the now-matching symbols.
Free Spins Feature
Landing at least three safe symbols scattered on the reels in a spin during the base game will trigger the free spins bonus round. And the triggering safes blow up to reveal how many free spins you get. There is no definite amount of free spins you can have, and you only get to know what you get after the explosion.
The good thing is that the robbers may also appear at any time during the bonus round. And they can earn you extra free spins if they do.
The Greatest Train Robbery RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 91.21%
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
The Greatest Train Robbery slot has a rather lovely outlook and theme. The possibility of the bandits appearing randomly during the game can give you something to anticipate. And can make the game more enjoyable.
We especially like the fact that excellent features can trigger during the base game. Hence, you do not need to depend on the free spins round to cop some potential payouts.
Overall, the gameplay stacks up well, and the maximum potential payout of up to 2,259x your bet can be encouraging, considering the slot's medium volatility. However, the Return to Player Percentage is slightly below the industry average.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.