Light and Wonder's Stargate Megaways is an adventure slot that plays out on a massive 6×7 reel grid, with up to 117,649 potential winning ways.
Stargate Megaways Slot Game Overview
Stargate Megaways takes after the 1994 movie. Hence, it might serve as a reminiscence of the famous classic for many online slots players.
It incorporates the original soundtrack of the movie in its gameplay. Then, there's also the appearance of the star characters James Spader, Kurt Russel, and Jaye Davidson on the reels. Thankfully, the slot features high-tech graphics, ensuring it depicts the theme well and resulting in an immersive gaming environment.
Speaking of the gaming environment, Stargate Megaways consists of a trail board bearing numerous modifiers. A Stargate surrounds the entire Megaways playing grid, and you get an additional reel arched over the primary grid. Although highly volatile, this game comes with a solid Return to Player value of 94.09%, and you can potentially win up to a whopping 25,000x your stake!
Stakes range from £0.20 up to £5 per spin on our top slot games casino, Wizard Slots. So, log in or join to play this unique sci-fi slot. You can also read on to learn more about the game.
How To Play The Stargate Megaways Slot
Despite its elaborate theme and design, this game can be relatively simple to play. Once the game loads, you need to select your preferred stake, check out the game rules and info if you like, and then you're good to start playing.
You'll see the stakes button below the playing grid, to the right of the spin button. And if you tap it, it'll open up to the + and - buttons with which you can choose your desired bet option. Meanwhile, the settings icon at the top of the reels holds the sound settings and info menu.
Click on the speaker button displayed when you tap the menu to mute or unmute the game sounds and background music. But if you want to view the game's rules, features, or the paytable, tap the question mark (?) button.
After adjusting your bet and settings, you can now click the spin button to spin the reels!
Winning combinations only occur if matching symbols appear on adjacent reels, starting from the leftmost reel to the right. The good thing is that each spin can have a unique variety of potential winning ways. For example, you may land 4 symbols on the outer reels and 5 on the inner reels in a game. Then, you may land 6 characters on the inner reels and 5 on the outer one on a second spin.
Stargate Megaways Symbols
In addition to the movie star characters, a sarcophagus and pyramid stand as the high-paying symbols in this slot. The two peculiar characters are worth up to 1.5x your bet for a six-of-a-kind combination. The film stars are worth between 2x and 10x your wager for the exact match:
- James - up to 2x your stake;
- Kurt - up to 4x your stake; and
- Jaye - up to 6x your wager.
Complementing the symbols mentioned above are card faces ranging from A to 9. However, they give a low payout of less than 1x your stake if you land three or more in a combination. For example,
- 9 and 10 pays out 0.5x your stake for a six-of-a-kind combination;
- Q and J are worth 0.6x your bet for six matching symbols, while
- A and K peak at 0.8x your wager for a valid combination of six matching ones.
The Eye of Ra symbols represents the wild in this slot. Although they award no payout, they can step in to replace any character except for the Eye of Ra symbol.
Every winning combination you may land will trigger this feature. All involved winning symbols then evaporate, creating chances for new characters to fall from above and occupy their spaces.
This sequence happens again if you land another winning combination in the process, and it can continue that way for up to nine cascades! So, the feature only ends if you fail to land a new winning combination in an ensuing cascade, or get to the limit.
And what's more, every cascade you land comes with an extra benefit, which we'll explain below.
The Trail Feature
This feature works hand-in-hand with the trail highlighted along the left part of the Stargate atop the reels. The trail runs from one up to nine. Hence, it has 9 segments, and your position depends on the number of consecutive cascades you can trigger. You move forward one step on the trail for every cascade that occurs.
It becomes more interesting if you reach the fifth segment, as you can receive a random one of the following modifiers.
- Max Megaways: You get the fully maxed-out grid of six reels and seven rows, earning you up to 117,649 potential winning ways.
- Random Wilds: This randomly adds up to six wilds on any position on the second, third, fourth, or fifth reels.
- Wild Reels: Causes one amongst the second, third, fourth, and fifth reels to transform into a wild reel.
- Mystery symbols: A Stargate overlay appears on a random number of characters between 4 and 10, causing them to become uniform. As a result, you may land a considerable payout.
- Regenerate: It refreshes all symbols on the grid by clearing out the former ones and replacing them with new ones.
Reaching any segment starting from the 7th will unlock the free spins feature. And you get a corresponding number of free spins depending on which part you land. So essentially, landing on the 7th segment earns you 7 free spins, the 8th earns you eight free spins, while the last part results in nine free spins.
But before the bonus round, where you'll utilise your free spins, you'll first engage in the Pick Bonus Game. Here, you'll get 7 chances to pick a door out of the 15 displayed ones on the screen.
After each pick, the symbol revealed by your chosen door determines if you will get a modifier, and the ones you get for your free spins bonus round. The following are the possible modifiers you can get from the Pick Feature Game;
- Extra Free Spins: It awards you a significant amount of free spins ranging from 1 up to 25.
- Win Multiplier: This awards you a random multiplier that can boost the sum of your possible wins in the bonus round.
- Cash Prizes: You may get a lucrative cash prize ranging from 5x up to 100x your bet.
- Reincarnate: If you get this, the Eye of Ra symbol will appear to reset your free spins back to seven.
- Ways Increase: This modifier ensures you play with more winning ways during the free spins.
- Wild Gates: This adds wilds to the arched reel atop the primary playing grid.
- Expanding Wild: It causes all wilds that appear on reels 2 - 5 to expand, taking up the entire reel.
Stargate Megaways RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 94.09%.
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
Anyone who was or is a fan of the Stargate movie will probably fall for this slot. We have to commend the high-quality graphics that cap the slot's overall set-up.
It also offers a maximum potential payout of up to 25,000x your bet!
Overall, Stargate Megaways is an impressive slot, and the numerous modifiers on offer are brilliant. While we wonder if leaving some of the trail segments with no awards is a good idea, this potentially poses no barrier to enjoying the game. Hence, we are rating this slot a solid 8/10.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.