Athens Megaways is an entertaining slot from Red Tiger Gaming with a Greek mythology theme and a dynamic grid that can max out at 6x7 with up to 117,649 potential winning ways.
Athens Megaways Game Overview
Red Tiger has assembled Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon in this exciting slot. The three offer unique modifiers during the base game. And what's more, one may become dominant if you trigger the Free Spins round.
The maximum possible payout of up to 20,000x your stake is solid for a high volatility slot.
You can play slots like the Athens Megaways slot for stakes as low as £0.10 per spin on Wizard Slots. Click the play button below to start, or read on to learn more about the game.
How To Play Athens Megaways
We've compiled a quick step-by-step guide on navigating and playing this slot:
- Load the slot from the Wizard Slots online casino.
- Select your preferred stake using the + and - buttons on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Tap the three-line icon representing the menu at the top-right corner of the screen. It'll reveal options like the paytable, game info, and rules.
- Hit the speaker button at the top-right corner of the screen to mute or unmute the sound.
- Click the large yellow spin button at the right of the screen to start playing a new game round.
Line 3 or more matching symbols on consecutive reels from left to right to form a win.
The gods' modifiers can trigger at random during the base game. There's also a scatter symbol which is the key to unlocking the bonus round.
You can tell this is a Greek mythology slot from the symbols on the reels. Unlike most other slot games, there are no card ranks here. Instead, you get a couple of Greek alphabet letters like Delta, Theta, Sigma, Psi, and Omega, followed closely by traditional objects.
In this slot, the Greek letters are the low-value symbols. Below are their payouts for a 6-of-a-kind combination:
- The Delta sign is worth up to 0.4x your stake;
- The Theta sign can win you up to 0.5x your wager;
- The Sigma sign can award you up to 0.6x your bet;
- The Psi sign can fetch you up to 0.7x your stake; while
- The Omega sign offers at most 0.8x your wager.
The rest of the symbols are premium characters, which can earn you better payouts, as shown below:
- The Harp can land you up to 1x your stake;
- The Vase has a monetary value of up to 1.2x your bet;
- The Horse Rhyton can pay out up to 1.4x your wager;
- The Ancient Medieval shield can win you up to 2x your stake; while
- The Helmet offer as high as 3x your bet.
All for a six-of-a-kind match.
You'll know the wild symbols once you see them since the word "WILD" is boldly written on them. These symbols perform various functions and are pertinent to the game's features.
However, their primary ability is substituting symbols for the chance to complete winning combinations. Note that wilds can serve as a replacement for all the symbols except the scatters.
Scatter symbols are temple symbols with the word Free Spins on them. The name is befitting as they can take you to the Free Spins round if you land 3 or more in a single spin.
This feature triggers after each winning combination. Here's how it works: after you land a win, all the winning symbols fall off the reels leaving spaces for new ones to drop down and occupy.
This action may lead to another winning combination. If so, the sequence repeats and continues to do so for as long as you keep landing winning combinations.
Special Game Modifiers
During the base game, any of the following modifiers can randomly trigger, granting you certain benefits.
- Soul Pit: If this triggers, you'll witness souls rising from Hades and landing as wild symbols on any of the four middle reels. Between two and nine wilds may land.
- Sea Fury: This modifier comes from Poseidon, and he can fill a whole reel with Super Wilds. However, it can only be one of the four middle reels. Note that you can get up to three Super Wilds in a spin. Also, each can award a random multiplier ranging from x2 up to x7.
- Olympus Blessing: Zeus can award you a random multiplier that begins at x2, x3, x4, or x5 and increases by +1 on every successful cascade. The multiplier can apply to every win in the current spin and has a maximum limit of x20. However, it disappears once the active spin ends.
Free Spins Feature
If you land at least 3 scatter symbols simultaneously, this feature triggers, awarding 8 Free Spins. Firstly, you must select one of the 3 identical temples displayed on the screen. The temples conceal the 3 modifiers - Soul Pit, Sea Fury, and Olympus Blessing. Whichever one you pick becomes the dominant one during Free Spins.
Meanwhile, you get a win multiplier that begins at x1 and increases by +1 after every win, notwithstanding the modifier you activate. The good thing is that the multiplier doesn't reset between spins, although it has an x20 max limit.
In a case where the Olympus Blessing is active, its resulting Free Spins add to the general multiplier. However, the total can not exceed the x20 limit.
Finally, note that any scatter that lands during this feature can award you an additional Free Spin.
Athens Megaways RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 95.68%.
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.