Sumo Sumo by Elk Studios is a busy 5x5 slot, offering many exciting features with up to 259 potential winning ways.
Sumo Sumo Slot Game Overview
Are you looking for a slot with unique features? Then, you might like this very intriguing fighting game from Elk Studios. The game packs a long list of features, from possible Wild Sumo Stacks to the Brawls, Speedboat Bonus, and Free Spins.
All these can play out on a background that looks like an alley inside a central market, except for the Speedboat Bonus. For the Speedboat Bonus, you get to experience pleasant scenes by the sea. But, of course, that is only if you can trigger it.
Sumo Sumo offers a massive max win worth up to a whopping 25,000x your stake, which is encouraging for a video slot with high volatility. Bets range from as low as 20p and go up to £4 a spin online at online slots site Wizard.
So, sign up or log in to join the Sumo wrestlers in this fast-paced slot. If you are ready to start playing, you can click on the Play button below to get started. However, if you want to know more about the game, you can continue reading the rest of this game review below.
How To Play The Sumo Sumo Slot
Since the Sumo Sumo slot offers many different features, you might think it challenging to play. However, it can be relatively easy to follow. Besides, the slot's interface is pretty straightforward, making it easier for you to navigate the controls.
- Once you open the slot, you'll notice that the control buttons have been distributed to the left and right-hand sides of the reels. You can tap the stacked coins icon at the bottom left to open the betting options and select your preferred wager.
- Then, you can visit the three-line menu at the top left to inspect the game rules, paytable, and settings. Meanwhile, if you want a quiet game, you can mute the sound via the speaker button.
- Finally, once you’re ready, you can return to the main game screen and press the Spin button to start playing!
You can land a payout if three or more matching symbols appear on consecutive reels, starting from left to right. And what's more, it doesn't have to be in a straight line to count. Instead, it could be horizontally or diagonally. You may also get help if a wild, scatter, or Speedboat Bonus symbol pops up on the reels during the game.
The symbols in this slot machine may look peculiar to some players. For example, you get four fruits shaped in blocks, serving as the low-value symbols and two Sumo wrestlers (red and blue) as the high pays.
The Sumo wrestlers can potentially award you up to 5x or 10x your stake for a five-of-a-kind combination. Meanwhile, the other symbols can award the following for a five-of-a-kind match;
- 0.5x your bet from the Cherries;
- 1x your stake from the Grapes;
- 1.5x your wager from the Lemons; and
- 2x your stake from the Watermelons.
In addition to the above symbols, you can also land the W Logo wilds, the Free Spins Scatters, and the Speedboat Bonus symbols.
- The W Logo wilds can substitute for other symbols (excluding the scatter and Speedboat Bonus symbols)
- The Free Spins Scatter symbol can trigger the Free Spins round if you land two or more in a spin; while
- Three or more Speedboat Bonus symbols in view can unlock the Speedboat Bonus round.
The Wild Sumo Stacks Feature
This feature may activate if adjacent Sumo symbols are in view, causing them to jump on each other after participating in a win. As a result, they will all occupy one position forming a large stacked symbol. In addition, the stack becomes wild with a multiplier equal to the number of characters in the stack.
The awarded multiplier comes into play if the wild stack participates in a win. Note that the multiplier values will multiply together before application if more than one Wild Sumo stack features in a win. Also, you can get a respin from each stack you create.
During the respin, the stack(s) will move one position to the right after every spin. After which, it will move to the left if it successfully gets to the end of the grid. However, the feature terminates once you fail to land a win creating new Sumo Stacks.
Remember that the Sumo symbols can appear in red or blue. If stacks of opposite colours appear on the same row during the respins, the Brawl feature activates. As a result, the stack at the right runs to attack the one at the left, but whichever stack is bigger ends up as the winner.
The losing stack gets eliminated from the reels.
Note that a random one out of the two becomes the winner if both Stacks contain an equal number of symbols. Also, this feature can change the direction of the Stacks.
The Speedboat Bonus Round
If activated, this feature can award you three Free Spins on an entirely new 5x5 collection grid. You also get a Speedboat symbol at the start of the bonus round. The Speedboat remains locked on the grid while other symbols spin.
Meanwhile, any character that lands within the line of sight of the Speedboat will be collected while the awarded spins reset. It'll continue this way until the feature ends. The following are the symbols that can appear during this round.
- Swimmer Sumo - can appear with a random cash value that the Speedboat collects.
- Wakeboarder Sumo - attaches to the Speedboat once collected while increasing its value each time the boat moves.
- Ramp - comes with a value by which it'll boost the Speedboat and any attached Wakeboarder.
- Harpoonist - can increase the value of any symbol in view but is yet to be collected in the same round.
- Turbo Harpoonist - can increase the value of every symbol collected by the Speedboat.
The round ends once no more symbols are in view, and you get the total possible value accumulated in the Speedboat and any potentially attached Wakeboarder.
The Free Spins Feature
If triggered, you get six Free Spins for a start. After that, however, you can potentially retrigger the feature to get six more spins.
Sumo symbols can remain on the reels during this round, even after reaching reel 1 or between spins.
Sumo Sumo RTP
Return To Player (RTP): 94%
The RTP is a theoretical value and is shown as a percentage. It’s used to describe the percentage of money wagered a particular casino game may pay back to players over a certain period of time.
For example, if a game had a RTP of 92%, in theory, this would mean that for every £100 wagered, the game could return £92 back to players in potential winnings. However, it is important to note that winnings are completely random, and players are not guaranteed to receive this.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.