Blackjack switch is a new variant of blackjack that is quickly gaining popularity. If you have never heard of it, you’re in the right place!
We will share everything you need to know about blackjack switch. This includes how to play, blackjack switch rules and the odds of winning. We’ll also share our opinions on which variation of blackjack is better; classic blackjack or blackjack switch?
What Is Blackjack Switch?
Blackjack switch is a variation of blackjack where players can switch cards between hands. Each player is dealt two hands instead of one, and before progressing with the hands, players have the option to switch the top 2 cards between the hands.
In a traditional blackjack game, trading cards between 2 hands would be considered cheating. However, with blackjack switch, you have the option to switch without breaking any rules.
How Do You Play Blackjack Switch?
Blackjack switch is not your standard variant of blackjack. If you’re looking for an entertaining and different blackjack game, blackjack switch could be for you. To play, simply follow these steps:
- You begin your game by placing a bet in both betting boxes (there is one for each hand). When all players have placed their bets, the dealer will deal one card face up for each bet and one card face up for themself.
- A second card will then be dealt face-up.
- Once these cards have been dealt, the dealer asks each player whether they would like to switch their cards. Only the top cards can be switched, and you do not have to switch if you don’t want to!
- If you choose to switch, the dealer switches the top 2 cards you have from each hand.
- Then you can go ahead and choose whether you would like to split, double down, hit, or stand. You start with the right hand and then make another decision for the left hand.
- Once all players have made their decisions, the dealer reveals their down card. The dealer then decides whether to hit or stand.
- Once the game is complete, the dealer pays out any winnings.
Blackjack Switch Rules
Blackjack switch follow many of the same standard blackjack rules, with a few unique differences. Although the rules of blackjack switch may differ from casino to casino, these are the most common rules:
- Instead of one hand, players have two hands in blackjack switch.
- To play, you must place two equal bets. Each hand requires its own bet.
- All cards are dealt face-up.
- You play each hand in turn, starting with the right hand.
- Only the top two cards can be switched. You cannot switch the bottom card.
- Typically, 4, 6 or 8 decks are used in blackjack switch.
- In general, the dealer hits on a soft 17.
- Players can re-split up to 4 hands.
- After a pair split, you can double.
- You can double on any 2 cards.
- A dealer hand of 22 results in a push, except against a player blackjack.
What Are The Odds On Blackjack Switch?
The odds on blackjack switch are slightly more favourable for the player than standard blackjack. The reason for this is that players can make more intelligent bets. Players can choose to switch cards to give themselves a hand with a higher value, which could potentially result in a greater win.
Blackjack switch pays even money with odds of 1:1. Whereas standard blackjack pays out at odds of 3:2. These figures show that blackjack switch has better odds.
If you play blackjack switch using optimal strategy, the house edge could be as low as 0.13%. Each variation of blackjack switch may be slightly different. Using Playtech’s version of blackjack switch as an example, here are the expected returns of some of the side bets:
- Any Pair - 1:1
- Three of a Kind - 5:1
- Two Pairs - 8:1
- Four of a Kind - 40:1
Is Blackjack Switch Better Than Blackjack?
There are advantages and disadvantages to playing both blackjack switch and traditional blackjack. One of the main reasons why blackjack switch could be considered better is that it generally has better odds.
Blackjack switch pays out at even odds of 1:1, while classic blackjack has odds of 3:2. Blackjack switch also has the potential to have a lower house edge than standard blackjack if using basic strategy in both. Therefore, in theory, you may have a better chance of winning blackjack switch.
Playing blackjack switch requires learning even more rules. If you already know how to play blackjack, you may find learning the rules of blackjack switch quite easy. However, if you are completely new to blackjack, you may struggle jumping straight into blackjack switch.
It may be best to learn basic blackjack strategy first! Once you have done this and you’re looking for a new and exciting version of blackjack to play, you can try blackjack switch.
Blackjack switch is a popular variation of blackjack. Its popularity is likely due to the fact that it offers players more control over their hands than standard blackjack.
Overall, blackjack switch is an exciting variation of blackjack. It’s still a casino game of chance, and winning is never guaranteed, but it could appeal to those looking for a change of pace.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this game are subject to change at any time.