The creation of online casinos meant punters did not have to walk into a land-based casino to play their favourite games, such as poker. They could simply log into their online casino account and access their games in the comfort of their homes.
However, while this may be the most convenient way of enjoying your casino games, it did not come without any safety and security concerns. Some punters may be worried that poker sites can see their screens. If this sounds like you, continue reading this Wizard Slots blog.
We will discuss the safety of Poker sites, whether or not they can see your screens, detect bots and VPN. We will also look at how you can play online poker without downloading.
Can Poker Sites See What’s On Your Screen?
No, poker sites cannot see what is on your screen. They do not have the technology to spy on you through your computer screen. They do not have the jurisdiction to do so and have no reason to.
Legitimate poker sites like Wizard Slots also use encryption and security protocols and measures to ensure your information is protected and inaccessible to others other than yourself.
These help uphold the integrity of the site, protect your privacy, and may provide you with peace of mind about playing poker games online. The more secure you feel with a poker site, the more likely you are to continue playing them and possibly refer other punters looking for secure online poker gambling.
Therefore, to prevent any likelihood of your computer being used to spy on you, stick with registered, licensed, and trustworthy poker sites and online casinos like Wizard Slots. Try to avoid clicking on any suspicious links, and do not provide your username and passwords to anybody in any way.
Are Online Poker Sites Safe?
In general, online poker sites are safe if you choose one certified, licensed, and registered. These sites have security measures and protocols in place to protect your personal information and the integrity of their site.
But, even if the poker site you choose is safe and secure, you may still be susceptible to potential risks and threats such as online phishing, fraud, scams or identity theft. There are some steps you may take to protect yourself against these potential risks and threats, including:
- Choose a strong and unique password. If your password isn't strong enough or is not particularly unique, it may be easy for hackers to figure it out and hack your account. You can use a password generator if you don't know how to make your password unique and strong. Then, write it somewhere safe so you do not forget it, but keep it safe enough so no one has access to it.
- Update your password regularly. Once you have created your password and kept it safe, it is essential that you also change it regularly just to add that extra layer of protection.
- Do not share your personal and login details with anybody. You must keep this information to yourself and not share it with anyone else. That way, you can nearly guarantee the safety of your account and that no one else besides yourself has access to it.
- Do not click on suspicious links. If you receive a link via email or otherwise that seems suspicious, claiming to be from your casino or anywhere else, avoid opening the link. Scammers often gain access to a person's computer through these suspicious links; all it takes is just clicking on the link. So, even if you do not do anything further, just opening the link alone may potentially open a window of opportunity for scammers to try and access your account.
- Do not provide sensitive and personal information. You should not feel obligated to share your identification number and other personal details you're not comfortable sharing when registering beyond the minimum basic information needed to create an account.
- Always play at licensed poker sites. This is the most important thing you can do to ensure your information is safe. There are various ways that you can know if a casino is legitimate or not. Legitimate poker sites will have their certifications and registration information readily available on their website. If this information is not available, chances are the site is not trustworthy, registered, and does not have any licences to offer poker games.
How Do Poker Sites Detect VPN?
Some poker sites may not be available in other jurisdictions. Players may use a VPN (virtual private network) to access that site and play its poker games if that happens. The VPN acts as a channel to hide your location and access the site without being blocked since you are not in the same jurisdiction.
So, essentially, it disguises your location and makes it appear as though you are not in the restricted locations. However, using a VPN means that you are breaking the terms and conditions of the site because you are not in the jurisdiction that is supposed to access the site.
That is one of the reasons why casinos are required by law to track players' IP addresses. The IP address has a unique location and network identifier that allows the casinos to identify if it belongs to a particular VPN provider. If you are using a VPN, your IP address may appear as blacklisted or be the same as many other players with the same VPN.
How Do Poker Sites Catch Bots?
People can create programs that mimic the behaviour of humans when playing poker to use them to play poker games for them. Since a poker game is designed for humans and not bots, having a bot play on behalf of a human is unethical and illegal. Therefore, casino sites are constantly tracking them and blocking their access.
There are several ways that poker sites track bots on their websites, but the primary identifier is typically the behaviour of the “player.”
Below are some of the markers poker sites may use to check for bots:
- The time it takes for a bot to place a bet. When a human plays, there may be varying lapses in their betting times. It is rare for a human to always take the same amount of time to place a bet.
- The activity of the bot in a chat. Bots are almost always unresponsive or do not participate in chats.
- If a player is playing at multiple tables at once, there is a high chance he is a bot.
- Typically, the bots do not have variations in their hands or how they play—for example, playing on the defence or offence or playing aggressively. They may also favour one particular set of hands over the others.
- Another way a casino may detect a player is not a human is through the CAPTCHA test. The test asks a player to identify objects or letters. The CAPTCHA may then track the mouse movement for the identification, the amount of time to identify it and the accuracy of the identifications. Then, they compare these against others to detect any abnormality.
While these alone are not foolproof ways to detect bots, they can be helpful pointers. If a player is suspected of being a bot, the casino can return to all their games and compare the behaviours to get concrete information.
Play Poker Online Without Downloading
The best way to play poker online is through sites that allow you to play it without downloading. So, if you want to play poker online without downloading, you can register an account with Wizard Slots casino.
Our poker games are available without downloading once you have an active account. So, click the Join button, follow the registration prompts and enjoy a world of various poker games. You can also play poker games using your mobile devices.