In the midst of a seemingly endless stream of UK online slot games, it can be incredibly hard to pick which ones to play. So much time can be dedicated to trawling through the extensive list of titles that, by the time you sit down to play, there are not enough minutes (or hours) left to properly enjoy it.
Moreover, the best slot game to play is always going to be a relative question that depends on each gambler’s personal preferences. What resembles the best slot game to play will be inherently different depending on the player. Are you after great odds above everything else? Or perhaps it is the aesthetic that draws you in more? Maybe a great theme trumps everything else?
It is hard to know but there is nothing to fear! What comes next is a list of some of our favourite online slots in a variety of categories such as Bonus Features, Graphics, Theme, Jackpot to Initial Wager Ratio and RTP. Whilst by no means comprehensive, it is an incredibly helpful guide to some of the best slots in their respective fields. So sit back, enjoy the ride, and find out the best slots games to play.
Best Slot Games to Play: Odds and RTP
For the gambler with dollar signs in their eyes and not much else the RTP (Return To Player) of any given title will certainly be top of the agenda. It is only natural; in most cases, the slots with the best odds and RTP will be the most likely to pay-out handsomely and therefore for this type of punter would constitute the best slot game to play. You can find some of our best paying games here.
Anything over 97% RTP is considered to be rather good, so this is the benchmark to look out for. Now, due to the sheer quantity of slot titles in the contemporary online slot market, it is hard to list every single game with an outstanding RTP. This being said, we have collated a few here that definitely raise some eyebrows due to their fantastic percentage.
- Monopoly Big Event: Highly acclaimed UK game developers Barcrest present Monolopy Big Event, a (you guessed it) Monopoly inspired online slot with a remarkable 99% RTP. There is one catch though; the title only gives this when the initial stake is £30 or more.
- Mega Joker: This is a retro fruit machine inspired slot by the ever-present developers over at NetEnt. Again the RTP here is a tremendous 99%, however, as with Monolopy Big Event, there is a catch. This RTP is only available during super mode, a bonus game with higher bets and pay-outs.
- Jackpot 6000: NetEnt proves their pedigree once again with Jackpot 6000, another old-fashioned style slot game that can deliver up to 98.9%. However, this is only available with 10 coins in play, and can vary in accordance with player skill.
Best Slot Games to Play: Graphics
The online casino market nowadays is absolutely choc-a-block with slots that often have remarkably good graphics. So good, in fact, that this aspect can often make or break a particular title. If you are a gambler who revels in quality and bespoke visuals the next couple of slots will definitely suit your fancy!
- Ted: BluePrint look to the hugely successful box office smash hit Ted for inspiration in this slot, and boy does it pay off. As you could expect the setting is near enough identical to the iconic basement that was first shown to the masses in the 2012 movie. It is all incredibly clear cut and visually very neat, but on top of this is the fact it is all perfect 3 dimensional. In the contemporary market, it isn’t uncommon to see a 3D title, but one done to such a high standard? They don’t come around every day.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas: Aside from its highly generous 98.6% RTP, this online slot title is a real benchmark to hit aesthetically speaking. Developers Thunderkick replaces the typical reels seen in many slots with a hand-drawn map complete with sea creatures, beasts, the sun, moon and stars. It is a pleasant breath of fresh air in a market that is often dominated by highly computerised graphics.
Best Slot Games to Play: Bonus Features
Besides the allure of winning a huge jackpot, slot games are also all about the fun. This is where the bonus features come in, accentuating a title’s entertainment value whilst simultaneously making the chances of massive winnings even bigger.
Almost every online slot in today’s market contains some kind of bonus feature or round, but they can vary dramatically in scope. Let us take a look at some of the most exciting and profitable ones on offer currently.
- The Fabric: This title from multi-national developers Inspired is heavily influenced by the world of knitting and fabric. Aside from its spectacular aesthetic it also boasts an extensive list of bonus features. For example, the Cross-Stitch bonus presents 4 varied bonus prizes, the Red McDead Bonus gives wild symbol bombs and the Purple Pumper bonus fires balloons onto the reels that burst to award matching symbols. Lastly the Green Mist bonus awards a multiplier of up to 80x and the Bloover Hoover bonus lets go a multi-reeled stacked wild.
- Jurassic Park: As one can expect this slot game is based on the Spielberg motion picture of the same name and the bonuses on offer reflect this. Encounter 3 amber scatter symbols and you are rewarded with 12 free spins – these spins are also liable to some jaw-dropping bonuses. Moreover, there is a whole stack of dinosaur special icons that boost the enjoyment and lucrativeness of this title.
This is just a select few of the titles out there with incredible bonus features, there are many more to be encountered!
Best Slot Games to Play: Theme
As the online casino market gets more and more saturated it has become increasingly important to make sure a video slot can stand out from the rest. What is a more effective way of doing so than with an immediately captivating theme? Sometimes it is the title alone that can pull a gambler in, everybody loves a good theme and some of the slots these days are getting wackier and wackier!
- The Codfather: For instance, you have The Codfather from the developers NextGen. This really is a hilarious themed title and will have you playing for hours on end. The action focuses on the Codfather, an aquatic mobster with an insatiable taste for marine crime. Help him find his nemeses Eddie the Eel and Jimmy Flathead, or alternatively a few new henchmen and watch the jackpot come flooding in.
- Vikings Go To Hell: You thought those swashbuckling Vikings were cool enough with their fiery Norse mythology and ruthless pillaging did you? Well, what about when they are attacking the infernal gates of hell and its demonic inhabitants? Yggdrasil has based this video slot on exactly that and it does not disappoint!
These two are but a few examples of some of the outrageous themes on offer in the contemporary market. When determining the best slot games to play it is unquestionably an aspect you will want to consider. Surely you would much rather help an aquatic gangster who goes by the name of the Codfather than just spin a few regular old fruity reels?
Best Slot Games to Play: Jackpot to Initial Wager Ratio
Again we come to the financial side of deciding the best slot games to play… obviously, you would rather win as big as possible from as small a stake would you not? This is where the jackpot to initial wager ratio comes in. On some titles one can only win a measly 100x their initial bet, whilst on others, the figure is way higher. Why don’t we have a look at some examples:
- Vikings: This offering from NetEnt is extraordinary in that you can win up to 10,000 times your initial stake! Sure it will not come easy, but this is one of the best jackpots to wager ratio you will find at the moment.
- The Great Albini: Slightly worse than Vikings, this magic inspired game from Foxium offers a win that can be 4000 times your initial stake if you play your cards right. Cannot argue with that!
Conclusively to decide what are the best slot games to play really depends on why you are playing slots in the first place. There is a multitude of factors that come into the decision, so to give a definitive list is incredibly difficult.
What is easier to do, however, is take a look at the main aspects of video slots and group some of the best under each one. For instance, we have looked at titles with the best graphics, theme, RTP, bonus features and jackpot to initial wager ratio. Now it is up to you to choose what characteristic means the most for you!