Is it true that you can play more than one slot machine at the same time? Read on to find out!
Does Playing More Than One Slot Machine Help?
Some slot players try to play more than one slot machine to see if it helps. The thinking behind this is that playing more than one slot machine potentially increases your chance of winning, as you’re getting more spins of the reels in a shorter amount of time.
Playing more than one slot machine at once would involve spinning the reels of one slot machine, and while the reels are spinning, going to the other slot machine and doing the same. An online casino player would then alternate between the two, hoping it helps their winning chances.
However, as the outcome of playing slots is completely random, playing more than one slot machine at the same time doesn’t help. In fact, it may be detrimental as it could simply result in faster losses.
Are You Allowed To Play Multiple Slot Machines at Once?
While in some countries you can play multiple slot machines at once, it is not permitted in the UK.
According to the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), as of 31st October 2021, it is prohibited for casino operators to provide players with the opportunity to play multiple slot machines at one time. This applies to both land-based and online casinos.
The new requirement regarding playing multiple slots at the same time states:
- “Operators are not permitted to offer functionality designed to allow players to play multiple slots at the same time. This includes, but is not limited to, split screen or multi-screen functionality.”
- “Combining multiple slots titles in a way which facilitates simultaneous play is not permitted.” (UKGC: Remote Gambling and Software Technical Standards (RTS) 14C - source)
Should You Stay On The Same Slot Machine?
As playing on more than one slot machine is not permitted in the UK, you should only stick to playing one at a time.
While you may think you are doubling your chances of playing 2 slot machines simultaneously, you are not. You are more likely to have more losses, and your funds are likely to run out quicker.
Playing more than one slot at a time doesn’t help, as slots are entirely random. The outcome of playing a slot is already determined once you have hit the spin button!
Switching slot machines or staying on the same one also doesn’t affect the outcome due to the random nature of slot machines.
Here are a few tips you may find useful when playing slot machines or online slots:
- As you pick a slot to play, you want to pick something you enjoy! There are so many great slots out there. Do you like classic fruit machine slots? 5-reel slots with exciting bonus features? Or slots with jackpots? Have a browse!
- If you want to make your gaming session longer, bet small. Choose the smallest bet amount to make gameplay last longer.
- Most importantly, have fun! When gambling is no longer enjoyable, it’s time to stop. Always remember to gamble responsibly. Only bet what you can afford to lose. It’s a good idea to set a budget and stick to it.